The employee assistance program (EAP) is designed to provide professional assistance to state faculty, staff and their families (dependents and permanent household members) in assessing and resolving personal problems that may be affecting well-being or job performance.
Sonoma State is pleased to introduce Empathia as our new EAP service provider
Empathia offers a wide array of health solutions focused on promoting individual and organizational well-being, providing work/life resources and educational webinars/seminars for employees.
LifeMatters by Empathia
- 24/7 telephone assessment/counseling (1-800-367-7474)
- Access to MyLifeMatter (enter password: sonoma)
- 3 free in-person counseling sessions with a local counselor
- Work/life resources and referrals
- Financial consultation with a certified financial counselor
- Legal consultation with an attorney
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Access to Spanish-speaking counselors
- And more…
Eligible Employees and Dependents
Current Sonoma State faculty, staff, and management employees are eligible for Empathia's services.
All persons who reside with the employee (non-roomers) are eligible for services. This includes:
- the lawful spouse
- dependent children, up to age twenty-six (26), irrespective of the dependent's place of residence, marital, financial, or student status
- any spouse/former spouse who does not permanently reside with the employee and is ordered by the court that coverage be provided is also eligible
How to Access Services
Visit MyLifeMatters (enter password: sonoma) or call 1-800-367-7474
General questions can be forward to the Payroll and Benefits Office at 707-664-2793 or email@example.com.