CSU Learn is a Learning Management System (LMS) adopted by the California State University. CSU Learn allows our campus to assign and track compliance training courses in addition to providing access to over 75,000 online lessons, videos, e-books, and classes for professional development.
Need help or have questions? We are here to help! Please review the information below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing CSU Learn
Employees can access CSU Learn by clicking the link below and logging in with their SSU credentials, or via the SSU Online Services portal by clicking on the CSU Learn tile. Note that new employees will have access to CSU Learn and be assigned training approximately three days after hire.
- Only use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browsers on a computer. CSU Learn does not work on Internet Explorer, Safari, or Microsoft Edge
- CSU Learn is not compatible on mobile devices.
- Ensure your pop-up and ad blockers have been disabled and keep any background windows open so that CSU Learn can accurately measure and record your progress.
CSU Learn/SumTotal is fully accessible. The CSU and SumTotal are committed to a universal user experience and have made tremendous strides in this area. If you have any questions regarding the accessibility statement, please reach out to the L&D team at email@example.com so we can assist you.
Compliance Training Assignments
The California State University requires that employees take certain courses to comply with state and university requirements that are driven by federal law, state law, or CSU Policy. All Sonoma State employees, including faculty, staff, and student employees, are required to complete compliance training courses on CSU Learn as part of their job duties. While there are several compliance trainings which are required of all Sonoma State employees, employees may be assigned additional trainings based on their role, job, or other factors, such as use of a Procurement Card.
CSU Learn automatically assigns and tracks training. Employees will be notified by email when a training has been assigned or is due to be retaken. Employees can also monitor their training by logging directly into CSU Learn via the SSU Online Services portal page and checking their assigned learning tab and their training transcript. New employees gain access to CSU Learn approximately three days after their start date and will receive notification emails once they have access.
Please review the information below on required training courses. Note that this list is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
Chancellor’s Office Required Training
- Avoiding Conflicts of Interest assigned to designated COI employees, due every two years
- Clery Activities for Campus Security Authorities assigned to Campus Security Authorities, due annually
- Data Security and FERPA assigned to all employees, due every two years
- Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Program for Supervisors assigned to all MPPs and Administrators, designated Leads, and all non-MPPs who currently or have the ability to lead or supervise co-workers or students, due every two years
- Discrimination and Harassment Prevention Program for Non-Supervisors assigned to all non-MPPs/Administrators who do not qualify to take the Supervisor version
- Gender Equity and Title IX assigned to all employees, due annually
- HIPAA: Protecting Patient Privacy assigned to those who have access to protected medical information, due annually
- Injury Illness Prevention Program assigned to all employees, due every three years
Environmental Health and Safety Required Training
- Back Safety and Injury Prevention assigned to all employees, due once upon hire
- Defensive Driving Fundamentals assigned to all staff, due every four years
- Ergonomics in the Workplace assigned to all employees, due once upon hire
- Fire Safety and Prevention Program assigned to all employees, due once upon hire
- Hazard Communication assigned to all employees, due every two years
- Heat Illness Prevention Program assigned to all employees, due annually
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention assigned to all employees, due once upon hire
Sonoma State University Required Training
- SSU Absence Management Self Service Training for Employees assigned to all employees, due once upon hire
- SSU Absence Management Self Service Training for Managers assigned to all MPPs, due once upon hire
- SSU Policies and Programs assigned to benefits eligible employees, due once
CSU Learn is more than just compliance training. SSU Employees have access to over 75,000 online lessons, videos, e-books, and classes! Employees can brush up on their Project Management skills, further their understanding of Excel, strengthen their business writing abilities, work towards a professional certification and more.
- The guide below provides an introduction to the many resources available in the CSU Learn Library. Employees are encouraged to explore the library for additional courses, certifications, and resources that may be of interest to them.
- CSU Learn Professional Development Courses
CSU's Got Talent Webcasts
All CSU staff and faculty are invited to attend free systemwide professional development webcast trainings offered by the CSU Systemwide Professional Development. No registration necessary!
Systemwide Professional Development
Whether in the classroom or online, Systemwide Professional Development (SPD) provides options for CSU employees to expand their job-related learning.