As a California State University (CSU) employee, your pay warrant/direct deposit advice and annual W-2 are issued by the State Controller’s Office (SCO). Up until now, these hard copy documents have been the only way to access a record of your earnings from the SCO Payroll System.
Employees now have the opportunity to register with Cal Employee Connect (CEC), a new tool that provides our employees with instant access to their wages and earnings information, creating opportunities for self-service such as being able to view, print, and electronically save their own W-2s, direct deposit earning statements, and more.
Steps to Register with CEC
- Have a recent paper pay stub in hand
- It has information you will need that is not available from Payroll
- You must be a state-side employee
- Go to Cal Employee Connect
- Select Register
- Follow the prompts with these helpful tips:
- Select the Department "CSU - Sonoma"
- Enter the Agency Code "219"
- Enter the Earnings Statement Number of the pay stub from step 1. If using the View Paycheck feature in myHR, this number is referred to as the Warrant #. You will need to enter this number with a leading zero and in the format shown in CEC
- Enter the Total Deductions on the pay stub from step 1. If using the View Paycheck feature in myHR add “Total Taxes” and “Total Deductions” together to get the deduction total needed for the verification
- Once registered, you will be able to login to
- View and print your earnings statements/paychecks: current tax year and 2 tax years prior
- View and print W-2 information: 3 years are available
If you encounter an issue with your data or identify a problem with the functioning of the application please contact email@example.com. If you wish to provide feedback about what you like or think can be improved, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will find links to this feedback address under the Help & Feedback tab within CEC portal. Your feedback will help drive enhancements to the portal.
Please note that this new portal is owned and maintained by the SCO and is not part of CSU’s PeopleSoft Self Service. We are excited to participate in this program and we hope you’ll enjoy the convenience of this new functionality.