When an Employee Suffers a Work Related Injury or Develops a Work Related Illness:
During normal business hours and not out of the area:
Contact the Workers' Compensation Coordinator or 707-664-2664 and notify them of the injury/illness. Workers' Compensation will help assess the nature of the injury/illness and schedule an appointment for the employee at one of the following:
- Kaiser Occupational Health Center, Santa Rosa
- Pre-designated physician (Note: Pre-designated Physician Form must be on file with the Workers Compensation Coordinator prior to date of injury or illness.)
Not during normal business hours and/or out of the area:
- Go to a Kaiser Permanente Emergency Room
- Go to the closest Emergency Room if out of area
Within 24 hours after an injury /illness occurs:
- Complete Supervisor's Report of a Work Related Injury/Illness
- Have employee complete the Employee Claim for Workers' Compensation Benefits Form (DWC-1)
- Return both forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to prevent future incidents, the department of Environmental Health and Safety may reach out to the injured employee and their manager to investigate the incident. This investigation would be to determine root cause and any contributing factors, not to find fault.