How to Stay Involved with SSU After Retirement

Congratulations on your retirement. As a Sonoma State University Retiree, you may request a “Retired University Employee” identification card by emailing You may use this card to obtain the following SSU services:

  • University Library - Show your Retired University Employee identification card to the Library circulation desk in the Jean and Charles Schulz Information Center to received waived fees on Community Borrower privileges. For more information visit Retired Staff or call (707) 664-2375
  • Faculty and Staff discount for on-campus, ticketed events – Please provide a promo code (SSUFacStaff) at the time of purchase and show the retiree card upon admission to event.
  • Daily Parking Passes – Show your Retired University Employee identification card at any staffed parking kiosk to receive a daily parking pass to park on campus.

Please refer back to this website often as on-campus benefits may change. 

If you wish to be added to mailing lists, or for more information please contact:

Department Phone Numbers
Department Phone
Art Gallery (707) 664-2295
Athletics (707) 664-2521
Center for Performing Arts (707) 664-4246
Life Long Learning Institute (707) 664-2394
Sonoma Film Institute (707) 664-2606
School of Extended & International Education (707) 664-2394
Campus Directory (707) 664-2880
California State University Emeritus & Retired Faculty and Staff Association (818) 664-6522
Guideline: Protecting the Rights of Retired, Emeritus
Emeritus and Retired Faculty & Staff Association

Thank you for all you have done to support the community. Now that you are retired, you have more to share than ever. To get more information about community service opportunities and special benefits for retired volunteers, please contact Merith Weisman, Center for Community Engagement, 707-664-3202,

To learn more about all the retirement benefits available to CSU employees, please review the CSU Retiree Benefits Booklet.

The Chancellor’s Office also has a web-page dedicated to the CSU Retirees: As always, please contact us directly if you have any questions at


Retiree Dental Enrollment Change Request Form

VSP® Vision Care Enrollment Form